Level 1 Enderton Strength Seminars (ESS)
This seminar is dedicated to teaching both the Snatch & Clean and Jerk. It is a combination of lecture, demonstration & hands on instruction. The Enderton Strength Seminar is for anyone regardless of their current abilities. It is for weightlifters, crossfitters, & anyone looking to improve on their Snatch & Clean & Jerk!
The Level 1 Seminar is 80% about technique & 20% about programming (for CF and Weightlifting). There is also a segment where we watch film and discuss different techniques. There isn’t just one way to lift. We talk about them all!
The timeline of the LEVEL 1 SEMINAR:
11-1130: Introduction + Broad Lecture
1130-230: Snatch Lecture, Drills, Max Out
230-3: Demo (Jared maxes out)
3-430: Clean&Jerk, Drills, Max Out
430-5: Squatting, Flexibility & Programming Lecture
- Cost of Level 1 ESS: $150
- Cost of Men’s T-Shirt or Female Tank Top: $10 (Put size in comments section of order)
- Lunch is not provided so prepare to bring your food for the day or to eat over the lunch hour
What will this seminar teach you?
“Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime.” This quote is the entire reason I created ESS. I want YOU to be equipped with the knowledge to be able to self diagnose your problems in the future! I want you to have a lifelong journey with your lifting. No, you won’t be a “know it all” in weightlifting after one day of an ESS. In fact, I still learn new things every day. However, you will have a much better understanding of the lifts and WHY I recommend lifting that way!
- Proper setup position
- Dynamics of the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd pulls
- How to have SPEED under the bar
- How to find your optimal receiving position
- How to improve flexibility in your bottom position
- Jerk technique (split and power)
- Optimal Back Squat technique
- How to keep your elbows higher on the clean
- How to program the lifts into your training
- How it will make YOU a better crossfitter
- Unique coaching cues
- Attacking weaknesses (Early arm bend, coming on your toes)
- Programming weightlifting workouts for crossfit
Jared Enderton, a native of Graettinger, Iowa is a nationally ranked weightlifter, crossfitter, and GRID Athlete for the Baltimore Anthem. He has trained at numerous locations, including: California Strength, Average Broz, Mash Elite, and the Olympic Training Center. As a high school wrestler in Iowa, he won a State Title and also earned All-American honors. After high school, Jared competed in Strongman and Powerlifting competitions for 3 years before picking up Olympic Weightlifting in 2010. Most recently, he competed in the 2016 Crossfit Games Regionals.
Jared is the Head Strength Coach for the TeamUSA Sprint Cycling Team at the Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs, CO. Jared has also been coaching CrossFit since 2010 at various locations. Jared also travels around the country teaching Enderton Strength Seminars, focusing on tying in Weightlifting with CrossFit.
Jared completed his undergraduate studies with honors at the University of Northern Iowa. Jared’s certifications include: Bachelor of Arts in Exercise Science, American Council on Exercise, ACE-Fitness Nutrition Specialist, CrossFit Level 1, International Kettlebell & Fitness Federation, and USA Weightlifting Sports Performance.