SinCity CrossFit is excited to announce that we are hosting this awesome CrossFit Specialty Course!
This course is for the athlete and trainer interested in learning the methods used by Louie Simmons of Westside Barbell and incorporating them into training. Participants learn about the Conjugate System: how to vary exercises, volume and loading to develop top-end strength. Emphasis is placed on the three major lifts: back squat, deadlift and bench press, although instruction is applicable to all strength training. The course also includes information on numerous assistance exercises and accommodating resistance (box squats, bands for lifts, sleds, ropes, etc.). All methods can be used with CrossFit to help increase one’s overall fitness.
The Conjugate Methods Course teaches participants to:
- Understand how to develop special strength from explosive strength, speed strength and strength speed, as well as to understand the velocities at which they are trained.
- Use the power lifts with proper technique and select the correct special exercises to enhance the CrossFit athlete.
- Increase loads on the Olympic lifts by special means and accommodating resistance.
- Apply the concepts of the Conjugate System by revolving large and small exercises, as well as to understand proper loading of volume and how to change intensity zones.
- Know how to apply a circa-max wave and use the delayed-transformation phase leading into competition.
- Properly incorporate plyometric training into CrossFit training.
Sent electronically 1-2 weeks after course completion to the email address used for registration.
The default language for this course is English. Any course with a translator is specified in the “Language” section from the event registration link.
CONTINUING EDUCATION UNITS (CEUS)
Upon successful completion of this course, a Certified CrossFit Trainermay claim 12 CEUs towards their continuing education.